The Secretariat of the Commission is responsible for
- Providing technical advise to the Commission on all matters related
to Appointments, Removals, and Disciplining of teachers/lecturers.
- Implementing all related decisions made by the Commission and its
- The proper expenditure of Public Funds (voted and statutory) received
by the Commission.
- The Accuracy of accounts of the Commission.
The Secretariat is comprised of the Accounts
Department, Database Unit, Personnel Department
and the Registry.
||Ms. Sophia Hunte
of the Teaching Service Commission
Head of Agency/Secretariat
Appointed Secretary of the Teaching Service Commission with effect
from December 01, 2017
Email Address: email@example.com
Telephone Number: (592)226-3807
The Secretary of the Commission is the officer in charge
of the Secretariat. It shall be the duty of the Secretary:
- To submit, whether in writing or orally, matters for the decisions
of the Commission.
- To notify members of the Commission as to the day, time, and place
of meetings of the Commission.
- To attend meetings of the Commission.
- To ensure that all documents and papers relating to any matter being
or to be considered by the Commission are made available to the Commission
and that all decisions of the Commission are carried out.
The Secretary shall ensure that minutes of all Meetings
of the Commission and of all decision arrived at the meeting shall be
presented for confirmation by the Commission as soon as practicable and
at a subsequent meeting of Indivdual Members on circulation.
Any member of the Commission who dissents from the decision
may require that his/her dissent and reasons for dissenting be recorded
in the minutes.